Friday, December 21, 2007

Lawsuit threat from CEI America

I got a call from Legal Consul for CEI America today complaining about the offending posts about the company. Throughout the conversation he was trying to give me numerous hints that if the comments are not removed the next step for them was a legal action against me.

Hence I had to remove all the content. Its surprising that within one year of the website being live not one soul from this company who enjoyed working there had the heart to write a good opinion about them. Forget that, there is hardly any website at all where there is a good opinion about this company!

Makes you wonder what these guys do for a living!

4 comments:

goolti.com said...

Howdy Pal,
Pehle, allow me to thank you for setting up and babysitting goolti.com
As for threats by these dho taka desi companies, I am wondering how they can take any legal action against you. The disclaimer is self explanatory. Maybe you should begin publishing source IP addresses of posters.

Unknown said...

i agree, i understand ur concerns harshal, but what is the use of publishing comments and then deleting them when someone threatens a lawsuit? if every company does that, will u remove all comments?

ModernPhilosopher said...

I came across this blog today trying to find reviews for desi consultancy which I am considering to switch to. Anyway I found some not so great reviews and thank you for setting up this site.

As happy as I was seeing the website and comments the people posted I am kinda sad to know that numerous companies get away with it by threating to sue you. If you have clearly mentioned in the disclaimer that the users are posting the comments and your site is only a medium to publish there is no way in hell they can sue you.

Please do some research on it and continue to Retain all the posts about these 'thug' companies. I understand your concerns but if you could spend a couple hundred bucks and take legal advice about the disclaimer to avoid threats from the companies - that would be too too great.

Thanks
Madhu

Sangeetha said...

Check out the more information news about Law suit at dialbe.com