Saturday, April 7, 2007

Avoiding the Login

I have been consistently being told via user emails that one of the first things I should do it get users to login into the site. Several times I myself feel that thats the way to go.

Disgruntled employees from a Goolti (desi consulting) companies will time and again try to impersonate as someone else and keep slandering the company and its Management. Up till now I've been continuously monitoring and mentoring the forum to detect these slandering and defaming posts and deleting them promptly.

I agree that getting users to login will enable be to determine and restrict these posts. However, I don't see how will it stop such attacks totally. If someone wants to defame some company he/she can open a fake email account and start posting under impersonating names. Given this fact there is absolutely no need to let the users create a login id on the site.

I guess the best way to keep the forum clean from anti-social elements is to keep moderating it affectively. And I guess I am doing that.

I would like to know what the Goolti.com users think of this. After all if majority of the users express their desire for a login I will uphold their demands and enhance the site for login functionality.

No comments: